Your lymphatic system is responsible for filtering waste materials throughout your body and keeping your immune system healthy. That said, you still need to play a role in maintaining the lymphatic system to ensure it stays healthy, this can be done with a variety of lymph cleansing herbs.
If the lymphatic system is not functioning correctly, you could be at risk of many diseases such as cancer, parasitic infections, and more. Lymph cleansing herbs are an easy way to maintain the proper functioning of the lymphatic system and promote good health.
The use of herbal treatment has a long history in traditional medicine, and there are many varieties of lymph cleansing herbs out there. If you are like most people, you might not be aware of all of the finer details about these herbs, such as which herbs are integral for lymph health and their specific roles.
We'll look at what herbs you can use to cleanse your lymphatic system and how it works.
What Are The Main Lymph Cleansing Herbs?
Lymph cleansing herbs work to improve the flow of waste materials through the body and rid your lymphatic system of ailments.
In turn, your body will be able to filter more waste materials, and you will also see an improvement in organ functioning such as the liver, gallbladder, and kidneys. These organs also contribute to waste reduction and good overall health. Lymph cleansing may have a long-lasting positive effect on your health for years.
Some of the main herbs that should be part of every lymph cleanse that we will be discussing includes scutellaria root, fennel seed, and marjoram.
Scutellarin Root Induces Death of Cells Involved in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Scutellarin root comes from the Scutellaria plant, also known as skullcap. This root has longstanding use in traditional herbal medicine. It has been used successfully in treating patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia, a type of cancer that affects white blood cells found in the lymph nodes (lymphocytes).
One study looked at the effect of scutellarin root extract enriched with baicalin, a component of the Scutellaria root, on the viability of peripheral blood leukocytes (PBL's) in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 
Solutions of Scutellaria root extract and baicalin were added to PBL's, which had been isolated from blood in the patients (N=26).
- The percentage of cells expressing annexin V, which marks the death of afflicted cells, increased from 6% in the control group to 29% and 52% in treatment groups receiving 100 μg/ml and 200 μg/ml of the Scutellaria solution, respectively.
- The percentage of PBL's that underwent cell death increased from 11% in the control group to 17% and 24% for the 100 μg/ml and 200 μg/ml treatment groups.
- Researchers noted that the Scutellaria solution had no negative impact on healthy control cells.
- Researchers also stated that the Scutellaria solution increased the resistance of acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells to Vesiculovirus infection. This resistance helps to prevent further disease development in the patients.
Fennel Seed Protects Against Toxicity of Lymphoma Treatments
Fennel seeds come from a medicinal plant that has been used for centuries to treat a wide array of conditions. It can also prevent genotoxic (DNA-damaging) effects from treatments against lymphoma and other lymph system ailments.
One study looked at these preventative effects in rats (N=72). Researchers administered Etoposide (a drug used in lymphoma and cancer treatments) to induce genotoxic and cytotoxic (cell-damaging) effects. 
Along with the Etoposide (5 mg/kg of body weight every 72 hours for 21 days), the rats also received fennel seed oil (0.5-1 mg/kg of body weight every 48 hours for 21 days).
- The fennel seed oil improved Etoposide-induced cell fragmentation and abnormal protein levels.
- The researchers noted that fennel seed oil has antioxidant properties that give it the ability to protect against both itself, cancers, and cancer treatment side effects.
- The researchers also stated that fennel seed oil had shown to have hepatoprotective, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties that promote overall immune system health.
Marjoram Can Eliminate Lymphatic Parasites
Marjoram is a perennial herb that originated in the Middle East. It has proven useful against parasites affecting the lymphatic system. For instance, one study looked at the larval toxicity properties of marjoram extract against lymphatic filariasis.
Using ethanol and petroleum ether solvents, researchers placed larvae into plastic cups containing the marjoram concentrations. Concentrations ranged from 50 ppm to 1000 ppm. 
Toxicity was calculated by the percentage of larvae eliminated based on the number of pupae (life stage after larva) remaining.
- Marjoram showed a toxicity range of 21.3-100%.
- Higher concentrations of marjoram had higher toxicity levels. For example, concentrations included 100 ppm (33.3% toxicity), 200 ppm (45.3%), 400 ppm (68.0%), 600 ppm (81.3%), and 800 ppm (94.7%).
- Researchers noted that, even in higher concentrations, marjoram had been shown in previous studies not to have any toxic effects against human health.
As you can see, the human body is a complex organism. Though it is the lymphatic system's job to keep you healthy, you still need to put in some work to keep your lymphatic system healthy.
A healthy lymphatic system helps ensure the reduction of toxins in your body. By taking part in a lymph cleanse with herbs, you may experience better overall health and better-functioning organs.
After reviewing the studies, consuming these lymph cleansing herbs in your diet can be a great way to retain good overall health.
Our Ferryman Cleansing Elixir is designed to cleanse your entire system and cleanse your lymphatic system along with the liver, gallbladder, and kidneys.
With our Ferryman Cleansing Elixir, you can provide your lymphatic system a full cleanse from some of the best herbs such as Marjoram, Scutellaria Root, and Fennel Seed.